The Perfect Guide to Using YouTube Trimmer to Edit Videos
You are viewing this post: The Perfect Guide to Using YouTube Trimmer to Edit Videos
YouTube is an incredible platform to upload and share videos online. It not only has a massive audience base but also offers a variety of tools and features that creators can use to improve their content. One of the most significant challenges faced while uploading videos on YouTube is meeting the platform’s video specifications. Your video needs to meet YouTube’s resolution, length, and size standards. Luckily, the YouTube trimmer is an easy-to-use tool that can help you edit your videos to fit these requirements. In this article, we will walk you through the perfect guide to using YouTube trimmer to edit videos.
What is the YouTube Trimmer?
The YouTube trimmer is a simple video editing tool that lets you cut and trim your videos to match YouTube’s video specifications. You can use the trimmer to shorten your videos, remove parts of your video that you don’t want, or make a new, shorter clip from your original video. As YouTube is a popular video sharing platform, it’s important to edit and trim videos to the right specifications to get the best from it.
The advantages of using YouTube’s Trimmer
Here are some of the benefits that come with using the YouTube trimmer:
1. You don’t need to download any third-party software or app.
2. You can quickly edit and trim videos on YouTube with the trimmer without any prior editing experience or technical skills.
3. It saves time as the trimmer is straightforward to use, and you can upload your edited video instantly.
4. You don’t have to worry about video quality, as the trimmer retains the video quality after editing.
5. You can trim and cut videos that don’t follow YouTube’s video specifications to make them eligible for upload.
6. Lastly, it’s free to use.
Things to consider before using YouTube’s Trimmer
While YouTube’s Trimmer is an excellent tool to edit videos, there are some factors you should keep in mind before using it:
1. The Trimmer only allows you to cut along the timeline of the video. That means you can only trim the video from the beginning or end, and any cut has to align with the video’s timeline.
2. You can’t merge videos with the trimmer. It only lets you cut and trim one video at a time.
3. The trimmer doesn’t have other editing features, like adding text or transitions.
4. You can’t change the size or format of the video with the trimmer.
Steps to use YouTube’s Trimmer
1. Log into YouTube and go to the Creator Studio.
2. Choose the video you want to edit and click on the Edit button.
3. A new page will open, and you’ll see a range of editing options. Select the Enhancements tab, and you’ll see the Trimmer option.
4. Click on the Trimmer tab, and you’ll see a timeline of your video with a yellow handlebar. The yellow handlebar represents the trimmed video.
5. You can either drag the yellow handlebar to where you want the video to start or end or use the Trim button to cut the video from the beginning or end.
6. After you decide on the start and end time, preview your edited video by clicking on the play button.
7. If you are satisfied with the edit, click Save.
8. YouTube trims the video based on the clip you selected. Make sure you check the video once more and save the edited video.
9. After this, you can upload the edited video to your channel.
Tips for using YouTube Trimmer
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of YouTube’s Trimmer:
1. Always watch your edited video carefully before saving the final edit. A lot of people make the mistake of not reviewing their work properly, and this can lead to uploading an edited video with errors.
2. It’s best to trim short sections of video rather than one long clip in one go. This helps you avoid the error of cutting too much of the video.
3. The trimmer tool works best for simple editing. If you need something more extensive or complicated, consider using a professional video editor.
4. Always make sure you follow YouTube’s video specifications. Editing videos to the correct length and bitrate will make your video eligible for upload.
5. Lastly, don’t cut the video too much- removing essential parts of your video can harm the video’s overall impact.
In conclusion, the YouTube trimmer is an easy-to-use tool that allows users to edit and trim their videos to meet YouTube’s video specifications quickly. It’s a useful tool for creators who don’t have professional editing skills or experience. If you’re struggling with video specifications, upload size, length or resolution, this tool can make all the difference in your video uploads. Remember, always review your edited video before saving the final edit, and keep in mind YouTube’s video specifications.
This article is compiled and compiled from multiple sources by KRUSH.
See other articles in the same category here: Video